Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Command & Conquer (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1994)

goblins 29-12-2004 04:23 AM

what is the size of the file unzipped - remember these files are zipped mostly so their size can be up to 7 times as big.

Griezel 29-12-2004 05:07 AM

22.5 megs unzipped

Eagle of Fire 29-12-2004 06:09 AM

I have a good news and a bad news.

The good news is, I found a file nammed "Command.bat" which allows you to switch from game CD so you can play NOD missions. So just ignore my last comment on not being able to play NOD missions earlier.

The bad news is that there is definitly something wrong with DOSBox. Whatever cycle or game setting I try, I can't manage to bring the game to work like it is originally supposed to do. So far nothing critical, but it is sure annoying for me.

The game is always slowing down when I have a lot of units on the screen. When you think I had the habit to play this game with my 486 and never encoutered that problem, you can understand how problematic this is for me. Plus it is not running on the right speed. The efficiency points at the end of the scenario are from the money you gathered, but the leadership points goes for the time needed to finish the scenario. So far out of two missions that I used to have almost perfect on both, I did not manage to get more than 50% leadership in either. This is because of DOSBox somehow, I don't know what could be the problem. Maybe a future release will solve this.

For now on, no fun for me to replay this great game. If at least the movies were included, then I would have tryied my luck with NOD since I never finished them... But it would not be the same dominating the World with Kain without turning the Ion Cannon back on them at the end... :twisted:

Stroggy 29-12-2004 09:05 AM

Actually the original C&C was just C&C, or Command & Conquer.
Tiberian Dawn is name that was born in the fan-community.
Thus you have:
Tiberian Dawn -> Tiberian Sun -> Tiberian Twilight

Tiberian Twilight is the name given to a possible sequel to Tiberian Sun.
Ofcoarse looking at what Mark Skaggs and his group did to Red Alert in Red Alert II, and what horrors may be waiting for us in the future with Red Alert III (yes, it is being made), I for one hope they don't create a final sequel.

goblins 29-12-2004 09:49 AM

dosbox still seems a bit slow - running sim earth on my system 1.3 GHz intel it still runs a bit slow. So i guess C and C tiberium sun would be the same.

JJXB 29-12-2004 09:57 AM

i only have an 850mhz duron and tiberian sun runs fine (even on the non menu selectable resolutions)

goblins 29-12-2004 10:02 AM

dunno might need to raise the cycles - dunno i just got the basic hang of dosbox. Could have something to do with memory perhaps i dont have as much on this as i could have.

JJXB 29-12-2004 10:11 AM

umm... i thought you were onabout tiberian sun, i think you might be meaning tiberium dawn now. i didn't need dosbox for tiberium dawn as i downloaded gold edition for windows from cgarchive.

goblins 29-12-2004 10:40 AM

actually simearth for one and battleisle 1 for starters LOL. Yes tiberium dawn sorry typo there i keep thinking tiberium sun he he.

The Fifth Horseman 29-12-2004 10:58 AM

I have the full CD for NOD, unfortunately not the GDI one.

The current time is 10:57 PM (GMT)