Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Query About Esa Protection (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7063)

PT_Banger 05-09-2005 10:45 PM

How long can a game be protected?

Why can i get games from other sites (Syndicate/Syndicate American Revolt/Syndicate Wars), yet when i visit Abandonia is says ESA protected?

And does anyone know how to slow the games down? I have used moslo:
C:\COK\COK.exe /moslo 5

But it does not appear to slow down. The animations are the best part of the game!

Thanks to Abandonia for a great site! I want to send money through paypal, but do not know how. Please explain. :kosta: :kosta: :kosta: :kosta: :kosta:

Havell 05-09-2005 11:08 PM

The ESA protection lasts until we get permission again, the ESA ceases to exist, or when the copyrights for all the games run out in several decade's time.
As for slowing games down, you could use an application like Moslo or run the game in DOSBox.
To donate, there is a link in the top right hand side of the front page saying "Help Me". Read that page for information on how to donate.

moogle 06-09-2005 12:22 AM

Ya ESA protecton lats quite a long time....

TheChosen 06-09-2005 03:29 PM

What does this have to do with multiplayer talk?

Dino 06-09-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheChosen@Sep 6 2005, 04:29 PM
What does this have to do with multiplayer talk?
Just what I wanted to ask when I saw the topic. Mod should move this one.

ShadowXIX 08-09-2005 08:05 PM

Copyrights last anywhere from 67 to 95 years, depending on when the copyrighted item was created, and when the copyright was issued.

So there could be a very long wait

Kearnsy 16-09-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Why can i get games from other sites (Syndicate/Syndicate American Revolt/Syndicate Wars), yet when i visit Abandonia is says ESA protected?
That site would have permission. Or have not been found out yet. :ph34r:

BeefontheBone 16-09-2005 06:14 PM

Why is this A. open and B. in the MP section?

geron 19-09-2005 06:08 PM

ESA is a bit boring thing. Not so many gamers play adandomware games, from all the gamers in the world, the least they can do is share it with us... :D :D

Sebatianos 19-09-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Some sites may have the permsion to host the game - or they are disrespecting ESA (we won't).

Quote:

And does anyone know how to slow the games down? I have used moslo:
C:\COK\COK.exe /moslo 5

Yes, Dosbox would be the best solution (once installed use CTRL+F11 to slow down or CTRL+F12 to speed up - watch the cycles).

Quote:

Thanks to Abandonia for a great site! I want to send money through paypal, but do not know how. Please explain.
Thanks you for the offering. Hopefully you do live in a country that has the paypal system - not all countries have it - so not everybody can even donate - unfortunately.

Thanks for the compliment.

I guess the questions have been answered (I've also been repeating things people have already said in this thread), so this can finally be closed! Remember the ESA policy we have...

The current time is 06:17 PM (GMT)