View Single Post
Old 25-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #144
Fortis
Lurker

*Fortis is using the base’s com unit to make a call*

Fortis: That’s right. The entire X-Com organization.

Fortis: They can keep going for a while, using royalties from their patents. But it won’t be enough.

Fortis: No, it must continue. I have been in the minds of these aliens. I’ve seen their plans for us. It’s nothing good, I’ll tell you that. This bureaucratic meddling will ruin us. X-Com is the best line of defense we have against them.

Fortis: I know that. It’s GTX and The Chosen I’m talking about. With funding pulled, we can’t afford their pay.

Fortis: Not an option. It’s no secret that the aliens have been looking to hire human mercenaries.

Fortis: Bluntly, I don’t want to be on the opposite side of them. These two are good. Yes, that good. Besides, they know way too much about our organization to let them be hired by the aliens.

Fortis: Thank you sir.

Fortis: Perhaps the Psi-Corps could take over the X-Com operation?

Fortis: Just think it over. At the very least, send us any information you have regarding the aliens movements. We need to do more missions to convince the senate to continue funding us.

Fortis: Thank you admiral.
*Fortis ends the call.*

Paco: So, who was that?

Fortis: An old friend. GTX isn’t the only one who has contacts. I just don’t flaunt mine around.
Fortis: Hopefully, he’ll be able to bail us out.

Paco: Well, good luck with that.
Paco: What is with the alien inactivity here anyway?

Fortis: Quite frankly, it may be that X-Com has made earth too difficult a target.
Fortis: My friend said that they have been active elsewhere though.

Paco: Elsewhere?

Fortis: The other human colonies in the Sol system and other systems.

Paco: So, why don’t we go and smash them there?

Fortis: Well, X-Com was specifically established to defend earth. But the other systems have been clamoring for help with the aliens.

Paco: If we start doing missions for them, do you think that they can pressure the senate enough to keep X-Com running?

Fortis: …It’s worth a shot.
Fortis: Paco, find some way to keep GTX and TC from leaving! I’ve got some more calls to make.

<><><><><>
*Some time later*
Fortis: *Dashes into the Major’s office.* I’ve got it! The Psi-Corps just told me! A force of the aliens has descended on the human colony on Europa.

Major: We have yet to be authorized to operate outside of Earth.

Fortis: They haven’t forbade us either.

Major: Do you realize what the senate’s reaction will be? They’re looking for an excuse to pull funding.

Fortis: What about the colonies reaction? When X-Com swoops in to save one of their settlements, we’ll be seen as heroes. With their combined influence, even the senate will be forced to yield and continue funding. Heck, If we do this, the colonies would be willing to fund us out of their own pocket! They’re desperate for our protection.

Major: And I suppose you’ve already solved the interplanetary transport issue?

Fortis: The Psi-Corps are sending transports for us and our equipment.

Major: …
Major: *Presses a button*

*The base Alert lights light up again.*
Major: *Over the base’s intercoms* All X-Com soldiers, prepare for an interplanetary mission to the moon Europa. Transports will arrive at 0900 hours.

Fortis: HA! Yes! Finally some action!

Last edited by Fortis; 25-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Fortis is offline                         Send a private message to Fortis