View Single Post
Old 26-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #71
nedela

thanks for the info japo. i will take time to have a look at the help file for defense+. right now i disabeleed it, cause it was making too much veryfying. i plant to enable it later, but i have to read the instructions first.
since my wife also uses the computer i don't want to have too many popup messages with decisions popping up. so far the firewall seems to be recognisisng most programs because i remembered that i sued clean PC option at install. but it did make one pop up (can't remember which programe, but i think it was avira update). it suggested that programme is safe so i confirmed and it all works well.

next weekend i plan to do a bit of monitoring on how many blocked transmissions are there.
torrents seems to work ok, vulnerable ports are also closed. or so it seems.

so all i need is learn how to use defence+ because it seems like a good protection. i am being a bit paranoid because the other person in LAN is not really that good with computers (i already need to install him a spamfilter) and also the IP provider is not amongh the best we have. especially security wise.
nedela is offline                         Send a private message to nedela