View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #18
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

At first I signed up to a few of these sites, but I started to delete my registrations lately. These social networking sites are not called "the poor man's CIA" for no reason :notrust:

Last year, a girl called me on the phone, and asked for some notes for a class I took. We talked a few times in and after class, but I didn't really know her, and I most certainly didn't gave her my number. I asked her how on Earth did she get it (I'm pretty secretive about it), and she said "I didn't know your name, so I asked some guy if he knows who you are, and he did. So I went to IWIW (local Facebook), looked up your name, and saw you have a profile, but no contact info listed... so I looked at your friends list, and it turns out, one of your friends lives in the same dorm as me, so I went over, and asked for your number."

From that day on, I started to systematically disclude myself from such pages.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh