Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #131
anon.

?????
:blink:

Old 04-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #132
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

It hardly ever works, XP's compatability thing is kinda crap.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 04-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #133

worked 4 me

Old 04-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #134
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

is that not warez? i thought RA hadn't been abandoned...
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 10-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #135
Nyerguds

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 29 2004, 04:36 AM
It seems to run without DOSBox or VDMSound, but then the sound get floppy just like if my computer is too fast for it. It doesn't work with VDMSound. I managed to get it work with DOSBox.

---

Yet I really don't understand how you managed to get that game to only 15 megs! I tought it was way bigger than that...
It works with VDMSound, but ONLY if the VDM sound blaster setttings match those in the configuration file CONQUER.INI

The fact they got it down to 15 mb is beause it doesn't contain the movies (some 400 mb on each CD) or music (some 50 mb). Make no mistake... the C&C1 music is NOT MIDI.

Anyway... anyone that HAS the original (DOS) game and doesn't get it running in XP or Win2000... look here:
http://www.planetcnc.com/cnc2sw/dos_xp.html#go

There's also a very good guide to get C&C Gold (AKA C&C95 - the Win95 version) running in XP/2k:
http://www.planetcnc.com/features/te.../classicsInXP/

~~~

hmm... I could make loads of improvements to this download actually... remove the annoying side selector on startup & such... I made a general.mix with the missions of both sides in it a looong time ago.

http://www.geocities.com/nyerguds/stuff/
file is general.zip, if anyone's interested... it won't work on this C&C unless you either hex edit game.dat to fix the "conquer.mix" string or rename the mixfile to conquer.gdi and select GDI in the mission selector though (or conquer.nod and the Nod side... you know).

Also note that the conquer.bat batchfile might not work in XP because the "c&c.exe" isn't in quotes, and XP can't handle the "&" character very well.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #136
YM2149

"I believe its better than Tiberian Sun since Tiberian Sun was a bit... dull (gloomy colours and such) at times."

actually Tiberian Sun is sequel to Tiberian Dawn and it is not dull, if you added expansion pack (Firestorm) you would see that story goes on and gets more interesting...

and as for modding as someone said above, TS is great !

shame that stupid EA hasnt released Tiberian Twilight... instead they made stupid Generals...

Old 11-03-2005, 12:42 PM   #137
Nyerguds
Game freak

and now.. RA3.. BAH
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 12-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #138
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyerguds@Mar 11 2005, 01:42 PM
and now.. RA3.. BAH
Indeed, I wonder what over-the-top villain we'll get this time. I bet €5 it'll be a (soviet) woman in some tight red/black outfit :angry:
Old 12-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #139
Nyerguds
Game freak

I have a 3-language version of DOS C&C.... English, French & German. 17 mb. Only requires VDMS to run.
If anyone can tell me where/how to upload it, it's yours, people. And unlike what's on the site now it's the latest version, WITH the Covert Operations expansion pack.

(the game was sold in those 3 languages in Europe. I acquired all files from friends online, and put em together )
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 19-03-2005, 03:52 AM   #140
bigwig992

Code:
Story line order:

C&C Red Alert --->C&C Tibierium Dawn-->C&C Tiberium Sun
 * * * * * * * * * * * \
 * * * * * * * * * * * *------>Red Alert 2

C&C Generals
Red Alert, Red Alert 2, and Tiberium Sun all have their respective expansion packs I didn't mention. Red Alert 2 doesn't relate much to the rest of the story line of the C&C series, so most people in the C&C community agree that the story line branches off into another 'universe'. It's also accepted that Generals has absoloutly nothing to do with the C&C story line.

Code:
Release order:

C&C Tibierium Dawn, C&C Red Alert, C&C Tiberium Dawn, C&C Red Alert 2, C&C Generals.
The way they were released is not the same order as the story line, but they do a great job.

Also, a confirmed Red Alert 3 is in the works at EA. Not sure if this will somehow relate the Red Alert 2 storyline (highly unlikely) to the Tiberium ones, or be another game set between Red Alert 1 and Tiberium Dawn, this is on everyones high hopes list. Though, it could just be an add on to the already spun off Red Alert 2 universe. Saddly enough, if it's anything like Generals, it will have absoloutly nothing to do with the storyline, which has made C&C so enjoyable.