Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #81

I also get lousy sound lag. Anyone wanna help?

Old 04-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #82

Hi All,

Its such a shame that you are all struggling to get this game to work as the game is very entertaining and was so innovative for its time (and in my opinion still is!). but you really do need the full game to really appreciate it as this version is a condensed ripped version (very few animation files which are causing the game to crash), the full version is around 400MB.

The last PC I was successfully able to run this game on was a AMD K6 233 with a 4MB S3 Virge video card with a 3DFX accelerator card. Then I bought a Geforce 256 based card and all my problems began...

I managed to find a universal UNIVIBE driver but it still wouldn't work; I won't bore you with the many hours I've put in trying to run this game over the past few years but I highly recommend downloading Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 as this is the only platform that I have tested that has run the game flawlessly and without any problems and was so simple to set up.

I can't remember if TCP/IP connectivity was implemented into Constructor. I believe it was. I will check and post back for the people who are interested. I would love to play people at this game so give me a shout if you think you 'ard enuff.

Cheers.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #83
Anonimous ^-^
Talking

it is possible to find the whole cd or iso? I downloaded it once from other site, and when I win or lose, the game crashes and a message says something like "unable to open movie file". It's a f%¨$ to play this way!!!

If someone knows something about where to find the iso, plesas post here!!!

Old 13-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #84
ilze

Hi everyone! I remember when I was younger I played this game from a friends computer an now at least I founded this site where I downloaded it. Everything was fine, but then when I tried to build a factory the game slows so down that I can't play it anymore, but I wān't to play it so much. Please help me. Mayby, there is something I can do to make my playing better. Mayby there is some other sites where can I download it? Please HELP IF U CAN!!!

Old 13-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #85
TaloN
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by ilze@Mar 13 2005, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone! I remember when I was younger I played this game from a friends computer an now at least I founded this site where I downloaded it. Everything was fine, but then when I tried to build a factory the game slows so down that I can't play it anymore, but I wān't to play it so much. Please help me. Mayby, there is something I can do to make my playing better. Mayby there is some other sites where can I download it? Please HELP IF U CAN!!!
there is a post about 3-4 pages back with how to adjust dosbox to run it perfectly. look there
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 13-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #86
Thunderstruck

Why there is no multiplayer??? I thought it HAD a multiplayer option...... Damn... I hope that Acclaim will make a WinXP compatible re-release of Constructor with multiplayer option... It would be such fun for hours trying to destroy your mate's HQ... And for those who did not know, there is an easy way how to win the computer (at least on Playstation), at the very beginnig of the game, simply put a worker in theit woodyard building site and their development will stop... Just remember to keep an eye on the site, because it will burn and explode after some time.

Old 14-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #87
Thunderstruck

The best way to play this game is to spend some $30 (dont be greedy!) and buy an old computer.. I did it... I have a Pentium 2 230 Mhz with 64 MB ram, Ati 3D Rage II +DVD and Sound Blaster Live and it works with no lags... Though I can't play the animations, because the files are simply missing... If there is anyway to play this game for at least 2 players, tell me.. Because if that is true, my friend will also take an old computer and we will play 1vs1.. That could be such fun for hours!!! Has anyone done this?? What are the differences between a multiplayer and single player? I guess, there is no speed-time in multiplayer... And what about the sub-missions? Like, building a park in a particular estate.

Old 16-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #88
ilze
Thumbs up

Thanks, taloN k: for your help, but I already done all what was written 3-4 pages back and it don't help. Maybe someone knows where else can download this game.

Old 16-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #89
TaloN
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by ilze@Mar 16 2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks, TaloN k: for your help, but I already done all what was written 3-4 pages back and it don't help. Maybe someone knows where else can download this game.
i doubt a different download will help.

have you tried changing the graphics in game?
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 17-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #90
ilze
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by TaloN+Mar 16 2005, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaloN @ Mar 16 2005, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ilze@Mar 16 2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks,* TaloN k:* for your help, but I already done all what was written 3-4 pages back and it don't help. Maybe someone knows where else can download this game.
i doubt a different download will help.

have you tried changing the graphics in game? [/b][/quote]
:crazy: no, but if I will change something in graphic, U think, that my game will run without no suprises? Mayby I will try, but what directly I must do? that's the question.
P.S. sorry abot my english grammar. (I'm from Latvia) :bleh: