Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #201
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Oct 20 2005, 04:03 AM
I didn´t like C/C toomuch but played it like insane, anyway, EA has done good strategy games, i liked Shogun and their ea´s coppies like Medieval or Rome
The question isn't if it'll be a good strategy game, but rather if it'll be a good C&C game. Generals was a good strategy game. However there was hardly any connection to C&C: not in the story, not in the gameplay, not in the interface, etc. In the end it just had "C&C" for marketing purposes.

In C&C the key was always speed, you didn't have any upgrades or anything, you had a constant sidebar on the right to quickly deploy buildings and units and didn't need any special commands to capture buildings, everything was straightforward. That's what makes it different from other strategy games. Generals is a different, slower game, like Age of Empires or some such.
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 21-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #202
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
In C&C the key was always speed, you didn't have any upgrades or anything, you had a constant sidebar on the right to quickly deploy buildings and units and didn't need any special commands to capture buildings, everything was straightforward.
......if they do something similar to the Total War series (shogun and others)..... nope, not a goood C&C game but maybe a nice game :bleh:
Old 21-10-2005, 02:41 AM   #203
skittles04

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Oct 21 2005, 12:10 AM
Quote:
In C&C the key was always speed, you didn't have any upgrades or anything, you had a constant sidebar on the right to quickly deploy buildings and units and didn't need any special commands to capture buildings, everything was straightforward.
......if they do something similar to the Total War series (shogun and others)..... nope, not a goood C&C game but maybe a nice game :bleh:
LOL even tho C&C had its cons its pros outway them a million to one ... yes the acting was pathetic and the graphics for its time were second rate .... but still it was a good game ... im tryin to build the whole c&c collection and then wen i get my p4 built i am gunna install the whole lot ... just for the hell of it ... i have god only knows how many c&c desk top themes not to mention the action figures they sell now ..... LOL any spear chance i got wen i finnished paying bills and $**t i always go on ebay and buy some c&c collectables.
skittles04 is offline                         Send a private message to skittles04
Old 27-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #204
laiocfar
NOD Commander

No ebay no, if u can´t pay they take a piece of fleash from u and they keep your soul too! :twisted:
Old 27-10-2005, 11:35 PM   #205
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by skittles04+Oct 20 2005, 09:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skittles04 @ Oct 20 2005, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-laiocfar@Oct 21 2005, 12:10 AM
Quote:
LOL even tho C&C had its cons its pros outway them a million to one ... yes the acting was pathetic and the graphics for its time were second rate .... but still it was a good game ... im tryin to build the whole c&c collection and then wen i get my p4 built i am gunna install the whole lot ... just for the hell of it ... i have god only knows how many c&c desk top themes not to mention the action figures they sell now ..... LOL any spear chance i got wen i finnished paying bills and $**t i always go on ebay and buy some c&c collectables. [/b][/quote]
I actually think the Total War games are several times better than the C&C games (especially Rome) but that's what I think.

P.S. Graphics for it's time second-rate? Are you insane? C&C had great graphics for it's age.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-12-2005, 10:18 AM   #206
Nyerguds
Game freak

Well, compared to Warcraft 2 they DID miss out on SVGA...

Why isn't this page linked to its info page anymore?!

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Oct 20 2005, 04:03 AM
I didn´t like C/C toomuch but played it like insane, anyway, EA has done good strategy games, i liked Shogun and their ea´s coppies like Medieval or Rome
Get this in your head dammit... C&C is NOT, I repeat, NOT an EA game. It's made by WESTWOOD :ranting:
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 18-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #207
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyerguds@Dec 18 2005, 11:18 AM
Well, compared to Warcraft 2 they DID miss out on SVGA...
The Gold version featured SVGA graphics.
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 07-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #208
Nyerguds
Game freak

That one was made after Red Alert. In '95,when C&C was released, it DID miss SVGA.

And why isn't this topic linked to the game info?
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 07-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #209
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Good question. No idea, but will look into it. k:
Old 07-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #210
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

The good:
Awesome intro's and movies between missions
Nothing but agresion(though you still got harvey's)
(C&C and TS only)-Interesting lifeforms such as vesceroids
Interesting side's
Easy to MOD
Good music

The bad:
graphics aren't very well made
Generals aren't real C&C game!