Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #301
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

@Admins/Updaters: Do you think we could provide a download link?
Or we should wait Kosta?
Old 24-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #302
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The admin controls for main site (including the OW list) are still down. We have no other course but to wait.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #303

Bit of a tip, dunno if anyone has posted this yet but with C&C before you kill off the comp on the mission let the tiberium/err ore grow wild.. and harvest it!
The more $ you have at the end of a map carrys over to the next map
example 1000 as 100, 2000 as 200 ect..
and look for the bonus boxes on some maps for extra $
hope this helps

Old 25-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #304
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well according ot the news on the site, there will be no updates for now...

yeah mining extra pays off.

later on you can invest that money for best defencive "weapons" (like sandbag).
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 26-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #305
Nyerguds
Game freak

@guest: Unless the next mission turns out to be one without a base... then you went through all that trouble for nothing :P

@Gregor: Learn to beat the game without exploiting the AI weaknesses, plz -_-
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 26-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #306
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

beating game is finding the AI weakness and use it.
liek for exampelthat he will attack the northermost building and then planting him a turret to attack it...

anyway Red Alert has this solved a bit. but i still haven't finished the last missions without extra cash from trainers. mostly because i wasn't familliar with events that will take place.

same here... my base defences were still quite good. i had probelms only in last mission... so i sandbagged them...

basically i knwo that the problem i had before is because i valued Orkas (and in RA other air units) too much while the bulk of force should be infantry and tanks. i lost too many air units before and so i had low cash flow...

resources are still quite limited and most of all this game is sort of race who will get Tiberium faster. only that computer cheats..
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 26-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #307
Nyerguds
Game freak

The northern building thing isn't really correct..
First of all, it's the northern unit or building. Doesn't matter which it is.
Secondly, this only applies to airstrikes and units set to Hunt mode.
If you take superweapons, for example, they do a threat assesment. Nod will always use the nuke on either the Advanced comm center or the base defenses. GDI will target the ion cannon at base defenses, in this order: Obelisk, SAM, turret.

This means you can outwit the Ion Cannon by building one SAM site as decoy (it doesn't get destroyed by the ion cannon unless it's opened) and using blocks of 4 turrets instead of building Obelisks. Sure, it costs more, but it kills anything

Oh, and note that sandbagging doesn't work in RA1.. the units destroy any walls in their way. And you can't build structures on sandbags in RA1 either.
Old 27-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #308
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You can one shot a GDI factory with a NOD nuclear strike if you aim it right, and you can usually win an attack against NOD bases in singleplayer by taking out the power plants first.

Ion Cannon can one shot Sam Sites and Obelisks of Light. Very usefull to know.

A very common multiplayer strategy is to build an APC carrying two Engineers and (usualy) three Miniguners. Make sure the Engineers get in first and last. You want to surprise them with an Engineer ASAP once you get there if that's possible, and if he dies then the Minigunners will cover fire for the second Engineer to hopefully capture something so you can build directly in his base (capturing a rafinery this early is often gameover).

When you capture Rafineries it's always better to time your attack so the ennemy Harvester is in the Rafinery. Capturing the building at that time let you capture the Harvester at the same time.

In multiplayer you can build Transport Helicopters and Commandos. If the ennemy is at the very top of the screen, you can try to "stealth" your way in with the Helicopter. Send it at the very top square at the other side of the map and then send the Helicopter on a square on the top of the map in the ennemy base. Only the shadow of the Helicopter will be visible and it won't appear on radar. Surprise!

There is a cheap bug in the unpatched version. When you sell units such as Rafineries or Silos, you get money for the amount of Tiberium left in the building but it still get transfered back to your other building. Build several Silos and then just keep building and selling them making sure they never get full. Endless cash supply without the use of cheat codes.

Try to micromanage your harvesters so they always leave at least one spot of tiberium at each patch they harvest. By the time they get to the tree or to the furthest patches, the nearest patches should have grown back enough for one full load.

Hotkey "x" scatter your squad randomly...

Miniguners owns Bazooka men.
Grenadiers owns Flamethrowers and weakly armored vehicles.
Flamethrowers own Miniguners.
Bazooka men can be devastating against flying units, weakly armored vehicles and small tanks. They owns Flame tanks if they are fast enough.
Group of Missile Trikes own undefended harvesters.
Groups of Miniguners own Obelisks of Light.

Mamooth tanks owns all.

That's mostly what I remember from the game. Been a very long time though.
Old 28-10-2007, 01:36 AM   #309
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Oct 27 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]317400[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Group of Missile Trikes own undefended harvesters.
[/b]
Oh - but you forgot one thing...
HARVESTER CAN SQUASH BIKES!
Old 28-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #310
Nyerguds
Game freak

-in Single player, if you save the game while a nuke is exploding in your base (BEFORE the white flash), then exit the game and reload your savegame, the nuke will simply disappear. This is apparently due to the nuke logic not being loaded yet, because if you first play some other game where a nuke explodes and then load the aforemented savegame, the Big Flash of Doom WILL occur.

-There's a trick to let soldiers walk over a corner in a wall by making them move around the corner and clicking inside the walled area exactly when they're cutting the corner (and are thus technically on the wall already :P ). Only one soldier at the time will walk over though.

-you can detect stealths on radar by looking for places where you get an attack cursor without seeing a unit.

-if you select a helicoper and you get a "Move" cursor (instead of a "Can't Move" cursor) in a tiberium field, there's a stealth tank there. The same applies to a bulding's concrete bib and some beaches in temperate and winter theater that helicopters can't land on.

-while a harvester is harvesting, select it and press "s", and it will immediately have harvested the tiberium patch it is standing on.

...and there's looooads more bugs where those came from :P